I went to NYC last week and wanted to add some landmarks we wanted to visit onto a Google My Map so I can view the map on my iPhone. Unfortunately, after I spent the time adding landmarks to the map, I found that you can not use My Maps on the iPhone. I did find this handy page that will overlay your favorites onto your iPhone maps. Follow the directions on the page.
Here is a link to the map I made.
So as not to disappoint Axorr Rully, Google enabled Google Sync with Gmail Push today. It works well so far. I already had Push enabled for my Contacts and Calendar, so I only had to:
- Go to Settings.
- Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Google Exchange account (has Contacts, Calendars)
- Turn Mail on, set Mail days to sync, and Mail folders to Push (I chose No limit and Inbox respectively)
That's it! I opted to turn Push ON under Fetch new data and I opted to turn off the IMAP account (not disable in case I decide to go back to it).
All I can say is... finally Google... finally. One of my biggest complaints with Gmail was that you couldn't pick contacts out of your contact list when sending an email. Now you can. Here's how:
- Start a new email.
- Click on the " To: " link next to the To field.
- Add the contacts you want on the email from pop-up window.
- Click Done.